Doing renovations to your home can be expensive. But sometimes there’s a helping hand out there to help you make smart choices.
The Arizona Corporation Commission has mandated the local utilities, APS and SRP, to produce 15% of their energy from renewable resources by 2025 and to reduce their electricity sales by 22% by 2020.
What does all this mean? It means that the utilities are giving out incentives, i.e. $$$, for YOU to be more energy efficient!
Here’s a rundown of the APS incentives available to homeowners who use APS-qualified contractors:
1. Save over 50% on solar photovoltaic installations.
2. Save up to 80% on a solar hot water installation.
3. Get a rebate between $125 and $525 if you replace your air-conditioning unit. The minimum SEER for a rebate is 13.
4. Get a rebate of up to $250 for repairing or adding insulation.
5. Get a rebate of up to $250 for sealing leaky ductwork.
6. APS has partnered with several retailers like Goodwill to sell CFL light bulbs for $1 or less.
7. Save up to $250 for getting shade screens for your windows.
8. APS will haul away your old fridge for free and give you a $30 rebate for getting rid of it and getting a more energy efficient one.
10. Get a rebate of up to $250 for sealing your house air leaks.
11. Get a rebate of up to $200 for installing efficient pool pumps or timers.
12. Get a Home Performance Audit for only $99.
Here’s what SRP has to offer their residential customers who use SRP-qualified contractors:
1. Get a $200-$400 Cool Cash rebate on a High-Efficiency air-conditioning unit. The minimum SEER for a rebate is $500.
2. Get $1.35 back per watt of electricity you generate from your solar photovoltaic system.
3. Get $0.45 per kilowatt-hour of the annual energy savings realized by your solar hot water system.
4. Get $75 towards duct-testing.
5. Get $175 rebate for duct repair.
6. Get a rebate of $.80 a square foot for adding shade screens to your windows.
7. SRP will haul away your old fridge for free and give you a $30 rebate for getting rid of it and getting a more energy efficient one.
8. SRP has partnered with several retailers like Lowes and Home Depot to sell CFL light bulbs for a big discount.
9. Get a rebate of $200 for installing an efficient pool pump and a rebate of $75 for installing a seasonal timer.
10. Get a Home Performance Audit for only $99.
Photo Credit: Image from The Situationist.